Bringing European water polo to the US
- Winter Camp in Dallas (TX) - December 19 to 22, 2022
- Winter Academy in California - December 27 to 30, 2022 (two sessions)
- New Year's Camp in San Clemente (CA) - January 2 to 6, 2023
"A unique chance for all clubs, high schools and water polo teams in the US to learn from our coaches"
We offer partnership opportunities to bring our coaches and water polo knowledge to any club or high school in the US.
The BIWPA methodology is based on the importance of learning the fundamentals, individual technique and tactics, as well as decision making. Get in touch for clinic opportunities either for players or for coaches!
December 19 - 22, 2022
From Monday, December 19th to Thursday, December 22nd
- Morning: Eastside Aquatics Center, 5729 Memorial Dr, The Colony 75056
- Afternoon: Westside Aquatics Center, 1750 Duncan Lane Lewisville 75067
- Morning: Middle school ages
- Afternoon: High school ages
- Morning: 10 am to 12.30 pm
- Afternoon: 12.30 am to 3.30 pm
BIWPA Academy coaches: Ferran Pascual and Yuri Colet
Costa Mesa & Bay Area, CA
December 27 - 30, 2022 | Learn more >>
The Perfect Goalie
Bret Lathrope (SoCal)
Assistant Coach LBSU
Jack Grover (NorCal)
LA Premier Club Director
- Session 1 (Costa Mesa): Dec 27 - 28, 2022
- Session 2 (Bay Area): Dec 29 - 30, 2022
- S1: Costa Mesa High School, 2650 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- S2: Redwood HS, 395 Doherty Dr. Larkspur, CA, 94939
Field players (ages 13 - 17) and goalies (ages 12 - 17)
From 9:30 am to 12 pm & 1 pm to 3 pm
Goalies - $595 | Players - $450 | Coaches - $250 - Price per session
Ferran Pascual, Michael Zellmer "MIZE" (The Perfect Goalie), Bret Lathrope (LBSU), Jack Grover (LA Premier Club Director, former UCLA)
San Clemente, CA
January 2 - 6, 2023
Assistant Coach UCSB
From January 2 to 6, 2023
San Clemente High School, California (US)
Morning: Grades 6 to 12
9 am to 2 pm
$495 per player
Ferran Pascual (BIWPA Academy) and Stephen Loomis (Assistant Coach UCSB)
A typical 1-day clinic
Our focus: Demonstrate Spanish water polo through tecnical and tactical practice.
We offer a unique clinic opportunity led by the BIWPA Academy coaching staff and directed by 2x Olympic coach Quim Colet. Learn Spanish techniques to improve your skills and fundamentals:
- Individual technique for offense (with and without ball)
- Individual technique for defense (press and zone defense)
- 6 on 5 / 5 on 6 specific skills and decision-making
Open to co-ed players ages 12u, 14u and 16u
6-hour clinic with a 1-hour lunch break. For example:
- 10 am - 12.30 pm
- 12.30 pm - 1.30 pm break
- 1.30 pm - 4 pm
BIWPA Coaching Staff
More than 10 years of professional coaching experience in Spain. Co-founder and head coach of the Barcelona International Water Polo Academy.
Head Coach BIWPA Academy
2x Olympic coach with Spain men's national team in 2008 and 2012. Currently the head men's coach of Club Natacio Sabadell (LEN Euro Cup and Spanish Supercup winner).
Head Coach Club Natacio Sabadell
More than 10 years of professional coaching experience at CN Rubi in Spain. Currently coaching the Portugal women's national team and also women at Fluvial WP.