December 27 - 29 | Costa Mesa, CA
"A three-day high level water polo program in conjunction with The Perfect Goalie, for water polo players and goalies"
After the partnership agreement between the Barcelona International Water Polo Academy (BIWPA) and The Perfect Goalie (TPG), the first joint event between the two academies has born.
The program will focus on goalies and field players independently as well as part of a team, offering the highest level of coaching expertise to grow athletes and help them reach their best level of performance.
Learn more about the partnership between BIWPA and TPG here >>
Elevate your game
And set aside from the rest
In Costa Mesa, California.
Costa Mesa High School, 2650 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
Players and goalies serious about water polo from 12 to 17 years old.
December 27 to 29, 2021. Monday 27 (9.30am - 3.30pm), Tuesday 28 (9.30am - 3.30pm) and Wednesday 29 (9.30am - 3.30pm).
Experience the best European training available combined with top level goalie training led by 2x Olympian Michael Zellmer.
Improve from a different perspective with the BIWPA coaches, more focused on the fundamentals, individual technique and tactics.
- Low coach to athlete ratio: 8-12 athletes per coach to guarantee the high quality of training and a great value for each athlete.
- Athletes will be combined in appropriate groups according to their age/level of performance.
"Athletes have the chance to learn from the best coaches, quickly improve their performance and better understand and incorporate the key fundamentals of our sport."
Michael "MIZE" Zellmer
Founder The Perfect Goalie - 2x Olympian
14 seasons as the head men's water polo coach at Long Beach State University. 2x Olympic player and Men's Senior National Team Assistant Coach.
LBSU Men's Water Polo Head Coach
"I'm excited to be in the US once again promoting and developing water polo. I want to offer tools and tips to all athletes so they can take their game to the next level."
BIWPA Academy Coach and professional player
Three-day event from December 27 to 29, 2021.
$625 / player
Full training program, digital certificate of participation, gifts and daily snack.
In the morning sessions the focus will be on position specific fundamentals goalies and players will work separately. In the afternoon sessions the goalies and players will be combined to apply motions and techniques in realistic situations.
- 9.30am - 12pm: Goalies / Players separated - Focus on zone / press
- Lunch break
- 1pm - 3.30pm: Goalies / Players combined - Focus on zone / press
- 9.30am - 12pm: Goalies / Players separated - Focus on counter / 6vs5
- Lunch break
- 1pm - 3.30pm: Goalies / Players combined - Focus on counter / 6vs5
- 9.30am - 12pm: Goalies / Players combined after halftime - Focus on special skills (skip, lob, 1vs0 specials), shooting/scrimmage/penalty shots
- Lunch break
- 1pm - 3.30pm: Goalies / Players combined - Scrimmage
What to bring
Suit, towel, water bottle, lunch, sunscreen